I’m going to be honest with you today. I really don’t like eyelash curlers. I don’t believe I own one anymore, it’s been about 6 years since I’ve used one, and I honestly don’t regret it. I’ve previously posted about one of my woes with eyelash curlers, well, more about how people USE the eyelash curlers, but hey.
Anyhow this post is actually about a method that can help get you sky high lashes without clamping down on them with a curler. If you have an old credit plastic/cardstock card lying around, use it to help apply your mascara! This works on both top and lower lashes. Just lay your card behind your lashes, and apply your mascara as usual! If you apply your mascara while your top lashes are ON the card, it’ll curl them upwards more than just applying mascara to them!
Benefits to this method:
- No losing eyelashes to old curlers
- The card shields your skin from mascara (no mess!)
- The edge of the card is much easier to clean that your lash curler
- Gives lashes an even coating because you can see them laid out in front of you
- If you don’t have eyelash curler on you, you probably have a card.
Honestly if I ever get mess-paranoid or if I want to curl my lashes more upward than normally, I’ll use this method! (Note: my lashes curl up quite a bit anyway, for people with lashes that go more straight out, let me know how it works!)
Give it a try! Post your results below! I’d love to know what you guys think of this method vs eyelash curler!